Welcome to the RL and ORP Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Electronic Reading Room.
The FOIA requires certain kinds of documents to be made available to the public for inspection and copying. This is a requirement for agencies of the executive branch of the federal government.
The documents that are required to be made available by the FOIA are:
Other sources of electronic versions of DOE-related reports and others can be found at the sites listed below:
- Reports that are part of the Hanford Tri-Party Agreement Administrative Record or Public Information Repository
- DNFSB (Defense Nuclear Facility Safety Board) reports
- GAO (Government Accountability Office) reports and testimony
- Hanford-generated documents that have been declassified
- DOE OpenNet catalog
- CERCLA Five-Year Review
- Hanford Site Safety Standards
- NEPA - Categorical Exclusions
- NEPA - Environmental Assessments
- NEPA - Environmental Impact Statements
- DOE Information Bridge includes DOE-sponsored report literature produced by the DOE and DOE contractor research and development community received and processed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information since January 1995
- The Energy Citations Database provides free access to over 2.3 million science research citations from 1948 through the present, with continued growth through regular updates.
Many Hanford-related documents, including special interest collections, are publicly available at the DOE Public Reading Room. To search for Reading Room documents, please see the DOE Public Reading Room website. You also may visit the DOE Public Reading Room. It is located at 2770 University Drive, Consolidated Information Center (CIC), Room 101L, Richland, WA 99354.