ECP Administrative Support
Employee Concerns Program Policy
The Department of Energy (DOE) Richland Operations Office (RL), Office of River Protection (ORP) and all Hanford contractors recognize that free and open expression of all federal and contractor employees at Hanford is essential to safe and efficient accomplishment of DOE’s missions. All employees fulfilling DOE’s mission have the right and responsibility to report concerns relating to the environment, safety, health, or management of Hanford operations.
The Hanford Site Employee Concerns Program (ECP) process is designed to provide uniform implementation among DOE and its contractors to:
- encourage open communication;
- inform employees of the proper forum for consideration of their concerns;
- assure employees can raise issues without fear of reprisal;
- address employee concerns in a timely, independent, and objective manner;
- maintain confidentiality to the greatest extent possible, and
- provide employees an avenue for consideration of concerns that fall outside existing systems.
All employees are encouraged to first seek to resolve concerns with their first-line supervisors or use established concern or complaint resolution systems, such as your Union representative, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), employer’s corrective action management system, Stop Work policies, and so forth. If these systems are unknown or unavailable, or have not dealt, or cannot deal effectively with your concern, ECP personnel can assist employees in determining which processes could be used to evaluate and resolve their concerns. This may result in the ECP office facilitating resolution, referring or transferring the concern to the responsible or appropriate organization, or investigating the concern itself. The ECP is intended to supplement, not replace, existing processes designed to address concerns and resolve disputes.
How to File an Employee Concern
NOTE: When imminent or immediate danger exists, employees are required to implement the stop work process in accordance with DOE-0343, Stop Work
- Employees are encouraged to first attempt to resolve the issue by working through your management chain. This usually provides the most timely resolution.
- If you do not feel your concern has been resolved appropriately by your manager/supervisor or others in your management chain, or if you do not feel you can take your concern to your manager/supervisor, report your concern to your company’s or DOE’s ECP.
- Choose one of the following methods to report an employee concern:
- In person
- In writing via:
- Employee Concerns form (Hanford Site Form #A-6006-441)
- Your company’s or DOE’s 24-hour ECP Hotline
- Your company’s or DOE’s ECP webpage
Contact Information for Employee Concerns Programs at Hanford