The following items are prohibited anywhere on the Hanford Site or in site-associated facilities.
- Dangerous weapons
Note: Prohibited knives include: blades exceeding four (4) inches in length; spring blade knives or any knife with a blade which is automatically released by a spring mechanism or other mechanical device, or any knife having a blade which opens, or falls, or is ejected into position by force of gravity, or by an outward downward, or centrifugal thrust or movement. Prohibited knives also include machetes, hatchets, axes, straight razors, and similar cutting devices.
- Incendiary devices
- Controlled substances, to include marijuana (e.g., illegal drugs and associated paraphernalia)
Note: Prescription drugs in their original containers are not prohibited
- Alcoholic beverages (includes "near" and "non-alcoholic" beer, "energy drinks," "teas," and any other beverages which identify alcohol as an ingredient)
- Any items prohibited by state or federal law
- Pets/animals (except service dogs)
With the exception of government employees on official business, the following items are prohibited on all public tours and most other tours as well. These items are allowed for media to use on media tours and on tours where participants have received prior approval from Hanford Site security to possess such items or if they are identified on a valid Prohibited/Controlled Article Pass.
- Radio frequency transmitting equipment
- Cellular telephones
- Computers and other devices able to record, read, or transmit data as standalone units (includes personal electronic devices, e.g., Palm Pilots, Apple iPods, MP3 players, etc.)
- Recording equipment (audio, video, and data)
- Cameras (still, motion-picture, video)
- Electronic equipment with a data exchange port capable of being connected to automated information system equipment
NOTICE: All vehicles and hand-carried items are subject to search at any time while on the Hanford Site or in Site-associated facilities.