Current Hanford Site Solid Waste Acceptance Criteria
In February 2011, in support of Solid Waste Storage and Disposal, a revision of the Hanford Site Solid Waste Acceptance Criteria was completed. The changes made include:
- Formatting and grammar changes throughout the document.
- Updated references throughout the document (i.e., document numbers, company names, year revised and provided email addresses).
- Several tables were moved to the appropriated sections.
- Section 2.7, deleted sentence for TRU requirement documents HNF-2600 and HNF-2599.
- Section 3.3.1 and 4.3.1 were moved to the Section 2 General Requirements, Section 2.11.5 Liquids and Liquid-Containing Waste.
- Added a Terms section for each Appendices.
- Appendix B, B1.2, added 55 gallon or larger are exempt from criticality total measurement uncertainty for a system. Also, delete the 95% confidence measurement value sentence.
- Appendix B, B1.4, deleted the second paragraph and updated the bullets under the four paragraph for non-box containers. Deleted the last paragraph for liquid and absorbed liquids.
- Appendix B, B1.7, added the CSER and deleted the last paragraph.
- Appendix C, Table C-1, added 15 FGE for SWITS-generate fissile label.
- Appendices G and I, Table G-3 and I-3 changed the wording for Liquids under "Waste Acceptance Criteria" column.
- Appendices G and I clarified requirements throughout the appendices.
- Appendix I, Table I-1 in the Waste Acceptance Criteria for the "Payload Container Description" removed "208-L (55 gal) DOT 7A drums" the only payload container is the RH TRU Canister.
- Appendix I Table I-1 in the Waste Acceptance Criteria for the Container Weights, replaced the words "208-L (55 gal) drum - 454 kg (1000lb)" with the words "Removable Lid Canister - 4240 lbs."
- Miscellaneous editorial.