Use the following tips to maximize your search:
- Use % for a wildcard.
- %this% will return all acronyms, abbreviations, and definitions which have this contained in them, including at the beginning or end.
- w%hat% will return all matches that start with w and have hat somewhere after. Possible matches would be white hat and what.
- Use _ (underscore) to replace single character.
- A search for _ar_et would find both carpet and target, but no learjet.
- Be as specific as possible.
- Search is not case sensitive.
- You can sort by fields after the results are returned.
This wildcard can take the place of any number of characters.
_ will take the place of one character.
The more specific you make your search, the less results you will have to look through.
CaT and cat will return the same results.
You can sort the results either by the acronym or definition by clicking on the category heading. Each click will alternate the sorting order from A-Z and Z-A.
If you need further assistance locating an acronym, please contact the Hanford Technical Library (372-7430).
The Abbreviation & Acronym Directory is only a partial listing of Hanford Site acronyms and abbreviations and is not intended to replace other reference materials. It is intended to provide definitions that are not available elsewhere. Another good resource is the World Wide Web Acronym and Abbreviation Server.