In December 2020, in support of the Waste and Fuels Facilities Management Project (WFMP) and Solid Waste Storage and Disposition Facilities (SWSD), HNF-EP-0063, Revision 19, Hanford Site Solid Waste Acceptance Criteria, was completed. The changes include:
- Minor format and grammar changes throughout document.
- References confirmed.
- Definitions: Layers of confinement text addition (plastic bags containing waste that are twist and tape closed and fold and tape closed are layer of confinement).
- Section 3.1 – Table 3-1: Waste codes confirmed.
- Section 4.1 – Table 4-1: Waste codes confirmed.
- Section 4.4.6: Wood pallet web link removed, etc.
- Section 5.1 - Table 5.1: Waste codes confirmed.
- Section 6.1 – Table 6.1: Waste codes confirmed.
- Appendix A: Current revision of DOE/WIPP?02?3122, Transuranic Waste Acceptance Criteria for the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant referenced.
- Appendix C: Minor changes made to Table C-2. Added hazard label note.
- Appendix D: Minor changes to Table D-1. Reformatted minimum coatings/liners column.
- Appendix E: Minor changes to Table E-2. Per TRU Program, removed Aquasorb, Quick Solid, and Waste Lock 770 absorbent options and added Optisorb and Select Sorb absorbent options.
- Appendix G: Microshield statement removed. Changes to Table G-1 include decay heat and confinement layer information. Table G-3 added to show decay heat limits for various waste types. Table G-4 added to replace former Table G-3. Current revision of DOE/WIPP?02?3122 referenced.
- Appendix I: Scaling factors need to be periodically reviewed and updated. Minor change to Table I-1. Gross container weight added for 30 gallon drum. Minor change to Table I-2. Total activity line item added. Current revision of DOE/WIPP?02?3122 referenced.
Revision 19 is effective March 17, 2021.”
HNF-EP-0063 Revision 19, Hanford Site Solid Waste Acceptance Criteria