In addition to information resources available from DOE and Hanford contractor organizations, current and former Hanford employees may have additional concerns and questions with respect to beryllium, its long-term health issues, and medical treatment. DOE and all Hanford contractors support the Hanford Beryllium Awareness Group (BAG), a worker advocacy group that:
- Provides knowledge, information, orientation, and support to current and former beryllium affected employees along with their family members;
- Provides input on Hanford site beryllium worker training and services;
- Serves as a resource on beryllium issues;
- Provides feedback to contractor management and the Department of Energy;
- Advocates for the interests of beryllium affected individuals.
Beryllium affected individuals are eligible to become members of the BAG and/or may be invited to attend specific meetings consistent with their work schedule. A membership roster and meeting minutes are maintained documenting BAG activities. The BAG meets twice a month or as otherwise agreed to by the members.
The BAG maintains its own website at http://www.hanfordbag.org