Hanford’s public cleanup tours are on hold until further notice. A virtual guided tour is now available to the public on Hanford’s virtual tour website.
NEW in 2021! - Hanford Site Virtual Tours
A virtual tours website is available to the public for self-guided views of cleanup projects throughout the 580-square mile Hanford Site. Features of the virtual tour include:
- Over 20 Hanford projects highlighted in a guided tour function that includes program descriptions
- Over 40 viewable Hanford map locations
- 360-degree camera views
- Internal views of select facility structures including the Waste Encapsulation and Storage Facility, Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant, and 200 West Pump and Treat System
- Information “pins” that provide additional context
- Up-close views of exclusive Hanford locations, never before seen on a Hanford public cleanup tour
“Hanford cleanup is one of the great public works of our time. We are excited to have the tools to expand public awareness and appreciation of our important work with the virtual tour. Some of the locations featured on the virtual tour would not have otherwise been accessible to visitors due to the nature of our work. By utilizing technology, the virtual tour provides a superior experience and promotes public engagement.”
Brian Vance, manager of the Hanford Site for the Department of Energy
The virtual tour website is best accessed through a Chrome web browser. You can copy and paste www.vtours.hanford.gov into your browser, or click on the Hanford tour link.
Other DOE Tours
Limited in-person tours of the Hanford site are approved on a case by case basis based on direct relevance to critical Hanford cleanup progress and availability of resources.
Media representatives should visit the Department of Energy website at www.hanford.gov, at the newsroom link, or visit Media Contacts.
For more information on virtual tours or site visits at Hanford, contact:
Hanford Site Tours Office