NEW in 2021! - Hanford Site Virtual Tours
A virtual tours website is available to the public for self-guided views of cleanup projects throughout the 580-square mile Hanford Site. Features of the virtual tour include:
- Over 20 Hanford projects highlighted in a guided tour function that includes program descriptions
- Over 40 viewable Hanford map locations
- 360-degree camera views
- Internal views of select facility structures including the Waste Encapsulation and Storage Facility, Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant, and 200 West Pump and Treat System
- Information “pins” that provide additional context
- Up-close views of exclusive Hanford locations, never before seen on a Hanford public cleanup tour
“Hanford cleanup is one of the great public works of our time. We are excited to have the tools to expand public awareness and appreciation of our important work with the virtual tour. Some of the locations featured on the virtual tour would not have otherwise been accessible to visitors due to the nature of our work. By utilizing technology, the virtual tour provides a superior experience and promotes public engagement.”
Brian Vance, manager of the Hanford Site for the Department of Energy
The virtual tour website is best accessed through a Chrome web browser. You can copy and paste www.vtours.hanford.gov into your browser, or click on the Hanford tour link.
Other DOE Tours
In-person tours of the Hanford Site are considered and processed on a case by case basis. Many factors are evaluated before a tour is approved including current site posture, availability of contractor and support staff, and impact to Hanford cleanup progress.
The following groups may qualify for a Hanford Site tour:
- Hanford Site Tours for Government Officials are provided to elected or appointed leaders and regulatory agency representatives to help make informed budgetary and legislative decisions on Hanford’s cleanup mission.
- Hanford Site Tours for Native American Tribal Leaders are provided in support of DOE’s Tribal Program. These tours are for Native American tribal members who are affected by Hanford operations.
- Hanford Site Tours for Stakeholders/Special Interest Groups are considered on a case-by-case basis and are only permitted for visitors with a direct relationship to current Hanford Site cleanup efforts.
- Hanford Site Tours for College/Universities Groups are offered for students and faculty members in course studies related to Hanford’s environmental cleanup mission.
- Hanford Site Tours for Media Representatives are scheduled on a limited basis. For information, visit the Department of Energy website at www.hanford.gov, at the newsroom link, or visit Media Contacts.
For more information on virtual tours or site visits at Hanford, contact:
Hanford Site Tours Office