WEBINAR MEETING ON PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE HANFORD PUBLIC INVOLVEMENT PLAN
Public Involvement Meetings
The U.S. Department of Energy, the Washington State Department of Ecology and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (the Tri-Party Agreement agencies) are hosting a webinar meeting the evening of November 9, 2011 to discuss and take comments on changes being proposed to the Hanford Public Involvement Plan. Below is the link to sign up to participate in the webinar.
The Hanford Tri-Party Agreement (TPA) agencies (U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and Washington State Department of Ecology) invite you to participate in a webinar on proposed changes to the Hanford Public Involvement Plan (Plan) also known as the Community Relations Plan. The webinar will be held on Wednesday, November 9, 2011 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. PDT.
The purposes of this webinar are:
1) To provide a brief overview of the draft Plan by the TPA agencies, and hear a local stakeholder perspective on the Plan.
2) To provide an opportunity for questions and answers regarding the draft Plan.
3) To provide participants an opportunity to give formal comments on the draft Plan. Verbal comments will be captured by a court reporter.
The draft Plan is attached for your convenience . Proposed key changes to the Plan include:
• Changing the title from the Hanford Site Tri-Party Agreement Public Involvement Community Relations Plan to “Hanford Public Involvement Plan”
• Enhancing public involvement goals and updating the public involvement evaluation process
• Streamlining the document by removing some information that is electronically available
• Rearranging the order and flow of information in order to provide additional clarity
• Updating Hanford Site information and cleanup activities
• Adding online resources and photos
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar, including dial-in information.