Mission Support Alliance (MSA) Acquisitions Overview
Project Hanford Acquisition
Mission Support Alliance, LLC (MSA) is a Prime Contractor for the Department of Energy (DOE) at the Hanford Site. MSA has the responsibility to (1) maintain a viable site infrastructure to support the Hanford mission and (2) support the Hanford Site cleanup and science and technology missions by providing site services to all the site contractors.
Key Activities Include:
- Analytical Services: Activities necessary to acquire samples and accurately describe the composition or other qualities. This includes expertise in chemistry and data quality, field and sampling services, and waste and environmental sample analysis.
- Emergency Response: Activities necessary to respond to events, such as fire, medical, rescue, and hazardous materials emergencies.
- Information Resource Management: Activities necessary to provide telecommunications, computer software, hardware, and programming support; and operate the business systems.
- Maintenance: Activities necessary to sustain performance and serviceability of equipment, vehicles, roads, ground, and general-purpose facilities, including support to other contractors.
- Property Disposition: Activities necessary to disposition property determined to be excess and devalued to zero ($0)
- Safeguards and Security: Activities necessary to provide qualified Security Officers, special nuclear material (SNM) control and accountability. Additionally, to protect site assets, control access, track radioactive shipments, and provide round-the-clock threat response.
- Utilities: Activities necessary to provide electricity, water, sanitary sewer, and solid sanitary waste disposal.
MSA and the MSC team recognize the vital contribution of our suppliers toward the growth and success of our company, and therefore place a strong emphasis on quality, which starts with the products and services, we receive from our suppliers. We request that our Supplier continue this commitment to quality and expect the following:
Provide the correct materials and services
Timely performance and delivery
Provide competitive pricing
Respond to emergency situations
Identify and pursue joint process improvement opportunities
Integrate contract and supply chain functions, proactively to provide and implement value added, effective strategies, and solutions to achieve MSA goals.
MSA commits to good business practice by maintaining the highest level of ethical standards. MSA and our Suppliers benefit from observing high standards of professional and ethical conduct. In the interest of maintaining impartial business relationships, we adhere to a long established policy that prohibits the acceptance of gifts and gratuities by our employees at any time.
Materials / Services Required
MSA procures materials and services needed to support our internal operations and several project areas. Contact the MSA Supplier Advocacy Office for more detail about current requirements. Following is a summary of various products and services which are typically required:
Architecture and Engineering Services
Computer hardware, software, and supplies
Electrical, mechanical, and electronic systems
Engineering and Scientific Technical Services
Equipment, components, and parts
Hazardous and solid waste handling and disposal
Industrial and safety supplies
Laboratory analysis and supplies
Office furniture, equipment, and supplies
Professional and Administration Support Services
Real property leases
P.O. Box 650
Richland, WA 99352